stat counter

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

appreciating my little man

As an at home mom- I see almost everything that my child sees.  I know everything he's doing, saying, and is exposed to.  Because I'm with him so often, sometimes although I see him, I fail to notice.  I was reading a blog by my favorite blogger who has a son a bit younger then mine, and started thinking about my boy.  I change so many diapers a day, offer so many suggestions, tell him no so many times, wish that he was out of a stage, wish he did something, or didn't do something.  But as he moves on and move into a new stage, there are lots of little things I want to remember, and know i'll miss.

I'll miss the chubby toddler double chin.
 and the very few quiet moments I get from this rambunctious little man.....
 The diaper bum, and long lean little boy legs....
 The sweet round little tummy that peeks out....
 The busyness that is really curiosity and zest for life but sometimes mistaken for negative terms such as out of control and wild....

The upside downs and various antics that he thinks are so funny.....



 The toothbrushing battles that even the cat rolls his eyes at.....


It's important to document and remember this stuff in a positive light even when it seems to be a negative.  I'm certain that I'll miss these things when he's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment